At Torch, we are raising the standard on how our scholars look, act, and perform academically. We want all students to be part of our winning team. Students that come to school in full uniform arrive with the mindset of rules, a teamwork attitude, and school pride. When students put on their Torch uniform, they are agreeing to be part of a team that is Safe, Respectful, and Responsible and are reminded of the high expectations we have set for them. Other benefits of wearing the Torch uniform include reducing or eliminating anxiety caused by popular trends, social unacceptable, ridicule or fashion bullying and expensive cost of trendy clothing.
As a reminder, the Torch uniform consists of any combination of the following items:
- Pants: Navy blue, or Khaki. Pants cannot be baggy or skin tight (no jeggings/leggings allowed)
- Shorts: Navy blue or Khaki
- Skirts: Navy blue or Khaki
- Collar Polo Shirts: White, Navy blue or Light Blue (Baby Blue). No midriffs or t-shirts. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Belts/Accessories: Shirts must be tucked in using a belt. No facial piercing, gang affiliated attire, ear lobe plugs, or sharp metal object as jewelry.
- Sweatshirts/Jackets: Must be worn over uniform shirt with collar. No over-sized, flannel, non-Torch logos, or team attire.
- Shoes: Shoes must fit the foot firmly. No open toe shoes.
Parents are expected to call or send a note if, at any time, special circumstances prevent their child from wearing uniform clothing.